Dawn Landau of Tales From The Motherland challenged a bunch of us bloggers to sit down, and with a timer set for 10 minutes, write 50 things we’re happy about and grateful for. Tis the season to open our hearts. And if you’d care to join in, I’d love you to help us spread the wave of good vibes.
Timer is set, and here I go! Here’s what I’m happy about and grateful for:
1. My wonderful husband, without whom I’d be very lonely and would probably still be out at sea somewhere.
2. My son, who has been my greatest teacher.
3. My home, that is cozy, is my safe place, and is really quite “me.”
4. My health, which is pretty darn good (especially when my back is happy).
5. My friends, who are there for me, and who are fun to hang with.
6. My most amazing hypnotherapist.
7. My mattress. I absolutely LOVE my mattress.
8. My favorite 8″ slicer kitchen knife. One of the best tools around.
9. My car. My minivan is the most perfect Mom-mobile. Lots of room to carry people and stuff, and all wheel drive so I don’t get stuck in snow. Last summer I got 3 people and 3 kayaks in/ on my car.
10. Where I live. I love where I live. We are surrounded by woods and a small river and a tiny stream. This time of year we are visited by eagles, all the time.
11. My new camera. My #1 passion is photography, and I just picked up a new point and shoot camera that totally rocks! A Canon SX710hs.
12. My new kitchen counter. Love, love, love my beautiful granite counter!
13. Newly refinished oak in my kitchen. Bringing old, worn cabinetry back to life by refinishing it brings back the wood’s amazing beauty.
14. My pocketbook. I just love my bag! It’s a neutral color that goes with every and anything, and is big enough to hold all my junk.
15. A Christmas wreath hanging on the wall. Some dear friends back in TN made a beautiful wreath out of sticks and twigs, wrapped in ribbon, and decorated with lights and a few ornaments.
16. My son’s teachers at present. We finally got things dialed in at school so Little Man has a fighting chance at being successful. It’s been too long.
17. Our wood stove. I love wood heat!
18. My electric hot water kettle. Best kitchen appliance ever!
19. As for experiences, I’m thankful for being able to take an Awakening the Intuitive Heart workshop late last winter.
20. Grateful for being able to road trip to California last spring break, and seeing Mount Shasta.
21. Thankful for being able to see family on the east coast last summer.
As you can see, I’m not the quickest at posts like this and didn’t come close to 50 things. But I thank you all for reading and for those who want to play along, cheers! In truth, I am grateful for everything I have and everything I am.
If you’d like to join in, here’s how it works: set a timer for 10 minutes; timing this is critical. Once you start the timer, start your list. The goal is to write 50 things that made you happy in 2015, or 50 things that you feel grateful for. The idea is to not think too hard; write what comes to mind in the time allotted. When the timer’s done, stop writing. If you haven’t written 50 things, that’s ok. If you have more than 50 things and still have time, keep writing; you can’t feel too happy or too grateful! When you finish your list, you can take a few extra minutes to add links and photos.
To join the bloggers who have come together for this project: 1) Write your post and publish it (please copy and paste the instructions from this post, into yours). 2) Click on the blue frog at the bottom of Dawn’s post. 3) That will take you to another window, where you can paste the URL to your post. 4) Follow the prompts, and your post will be added to the Blog Party List.
Please note that only blog posts that include a list of 50 (or an attempt to write 50) things that made you feel Happy or 50 things that you are Grateful for, will be included. Please only add links to posts that are part of this exercise.